Sharon T. Constans, RN, MSN
Advanced Practice Nurse Educators
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) developed the following CE activity for advanced practice nurse educators to increase awareness and ongoing use of AHRQ's patient safety and quality resources.
Overall Learning Purpose/Goal
The purpose of the Webinar is to explain how advanced practice nurse educators can incorporate AHRQ's Electronic Preventive Services Selector and resources from the Effective Health Care Program into the educational process.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- List the evidence-based resources available on the AHRQ Web site, including those available through the Effective Health Care (EHC) Program.
- Locate the resources available on the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) Web site, including the Electronic Preventive Services Selector (ePSS) tool.
- Demonstrate how to download the ePSS application to a PDA or mobile device.
- Explain how the EHC Program resources, the USPSTF recommendations, and the ePSS tool can be integrated into the Nurse Practitioner (NP) and Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) educational processes.
Sharon T. Constans, RN, MSN
Member of the Education Services Planning Committee and
Director, Hayes CARE and Managing Editor, Search & Summary, Hayes, Inc.
Sharon T. Constans, RN, MSN, has more than 20 years of experience in nursing, nursing administration, and nursing supervision in the areas of surgical critical care, inpatient parenteral and enteral nutritional support, outpatient intravenous therapy, nursing and patient education, and home health nursing care. She also has considerable experience in new clinical program development and implementation, clinical customer support, and research and writing in the fields of health technology assessment and independent medical review. Ms. Constans is the Director of Hayes CARE and Managing Editor of Search & Summary reports at Hayes, Inc. She is responsible for the day-to-day management, production, and delivery of patient-specific, evidence-based information addressing health concerns of health plan enrollees in a personalized and confidential manner. As Managing Editor of the Search & Summary reports, she is responsible for the production of short reports compiling the commercial and evidence-based information available about existing and new and emerging technologies. Ms. Constans holds both a Master of Science degree in Nursing, with clinical specialization in general surgery and critical care, and a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from the University of Virginia School of Nursing. She is a member of the American Nurses Association and the Ohio Nurses Association.
- This Webinar has been funded and developed by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; there has been no outside commercial support.
- Presenter(s)/staff do not endorse any commercial services or products displayed in this Webinar.
- Presenter(s)/staff have no conflicts of interest or relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- This program will be submitted to the American Association of Nurse Practitioners.
- Criteria for successful completion:
- Each participant must be present for the entire webinar.
- Each participant must complete an evaluation and must successfully pass the posttest with a grade of 80% or higher to obtain the CE credit. Participants may take the posttest two additional times, if necessary.
- Each participant must complete the evaluation/posttest within 30 days of the webinar to obtain CE credit.
AHRQ requires a modern web browser (Internet Explorer 7+, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome). Certain educational activities may require additional software to view multimedia, presentation, or printable versions of their content. These activities will be marked as such and will provide links to the required software. That software may be: Adobe Flash, Apple Quicktime, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Powerpoint, Windows Media Player, and Real Networks Real One Player.